Affiliate marketing – the oldest trick in the digital marketing book.
Our View On Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing can be a integral part of a digital marketing strategy, being a key provider of leads and sales for certain industries such as Finance, B2B, Travel and Retail. However, affiliate marketing can be a very tricky to get right ensuring that you are using the right affiliate partners and strategy to help promote your Brand. Stellar Search can provide strategic advice to help guide our clients through the minefield of which affiliate partners to use from; cashback/loyalty sites, voucher code affiliates, shopping engine / aggregators, employee malls, PPC affiliates and content/blogging affiliates!
The Stellar Search Difference In Affiliate Marketing
Why our clients chose Stellar Search when it comes to managing their Affiliate marketing strategy:
- Strategic guidance in how to attract the right affiliate partners to promote your Brand.
- Affiliate monitoring software to ensure that affiliate partners are ad-hearing to Brand guidelines.
- Understanding how affiliates work as part of the overall marketing mix and circumnavigating cannibalization with other channels.
- Strong relationships with the affiliate networks and can leverage our partnerships to help our clients get the best deals and to promote their activity across the network.
Stellar Search’s experience in setting up and running affiliate campaigns for our clients across numerous verticals, ensures that we can provide implement the right strategy to ensure a positive ROI for our clients.
Our Approach To Affiliate Marketing
Every Brand and vertical requires a bespoke strategy when it comes to affiliate marketing and at Stellar Search have developed our approach to ensure that we can tailor our response to our meet our bespoke clients needs. As a result, there is no such ‘best practice’ approach when it comes to affiliate marketing, but here is our guide on what to look our for when launching a Brand’s affiliate marketing channel…
Getting the Basics Right:
- Decide on which type of affiliate partners you want to work with to promote your Brand:
- Cashback/loyalty sites
- Voucher code sites
- Shopping engine comparison / aggregators
- Employee malls and similar schemes
- PPC affiliates
- Content/blogging affiliates
- Decide whether you are going to use an affiliate network or use your own tracking solution. We have strong relationships and experience with a number of different partners around the World.
- Affiliate Window
- Commission Junction
- Performance Horizon Group (PHG)
- Ensure you are creating the right commission structures and offers to help your affiliate partners promote your program.
- Provide relevant and attractive content/banners to help affiliate partners attract their audiences to engage with your Brand.
Improving your Affiliate Marketing performance :
- Understand and attribute the role that your affiliate partners are playing in your customer buying cycle. Ensure that you are preventing cannibalization across channels and reward affiliate partners who are driving valuable sales and leads to your website.
- Ensure that you are monitoring your affiliate partner activity so that they are ad-hearing to your Brand guidelines and not devaluing your Brand value.
- Adopt a granular approach to your top affiliate partners and treat them as individuals with bespoke deals/offers to maxamise their performance.
- Have a different approach to desktop and mobile based affiliates and tailor your approach to them based on which device your customers are using to visit your website.